Friday, July 26, 2013

GREAT PACIFIC NW JUNKIN'



Wonderful signage at Stars Antique Mall in Portland, OR.
 Hey, Yall! Ever wish you could get to your destination fast--but also want the ability to haul a load of incredible treasures back home? This was my wish a few weeks ago! We spent July 4th flying to Seattle, WA and arrived just in time to see the sky filled with star-spangled colors streaking from one horizon to the other. Sweet girl thought this was an appropriate beginning to our vacation--I had to agree! 
The next day following a shopping foray through my favorite Bellevue thrift store, we loaded our little Xterra and headed to Camas, WA. 
To our amazement we landed there on their Downtown Association's First Friday featuring a 

vintage car show. I junked at Camas Antiques while Sweet Hubby checked out the vintage rides. I found wonderful treasures 
The incredibly delicious window at Camas Antiques. 
and a lot of cool cars and trucks!
Every time I see an old F-100 I can't help but think...Jimmie Rae is here! 
For dinner, we headed to a Portland landmark and home to the next Plucky Maidens Junk FestMcMenamins Edgefield.

Saturday we began the day at Voodoo Doughnut--a 
mandatory stop for any serious junker! I have to admit to only indulging on half a doughnut, but we did pick up two nifty t-shirts for our Sweet Son and his adorable girlfriend. Next, on to Monticello  
Antique Marketplace! I have many junkin'   



friends at this inspiring antique mall. I found all 

sorts of things for my booths at Hermann 
Antique Mall and Rusted Gingham Barn Sale coming up in November in Gonzales, TX
(Think Victorian Cowgirl!)
We drove around, through and near Portland after missing a couple of important turns. Fortunately, 

we've traveled so much we enjoy "wrong turns" as it often results in a serendipity or two! At last found in the charming neighborhood of 


Milwaukie Avenue and Stars Antique Malls. I didn't realize Stars is comprised of THREE buildings each unique and wonderful. 
Camp Hollihock is also located along this street. 

Their designs are fresh-vintage-crocheted-t-shirt-comfy-cute. I bought a lovely, lacy hi-low skirt and a 
couple of sweet headbands. 
Saturday afternoon we headed out to one of our
favorite places, Cannon Beach. Unfortunately we arrived too late to catch Liz from The Butler Did It Antiques, but I still got a few nice 
shots of her two locations.
Sunday met us with cool, wonderful sunshine-- 
perfect weather for First Sunday Flea Market 

at Billie Van Guilder's Cottage Vintage Home in Vancouver, WA. Billie and another dear friend, Chris Kuntz of Mack & Momma invited me to sign copies of First Monday Murder A Jimmie Rae Flea Market Mystery. It was such a lovely market--the theme was Glamping--so many vendors took this 
theme and set up accordingly. What a fun day signing FMM books, shopping, and best of all--seeing so many old and new friends
A BIG ole TEXAS THANK YOU goes to Billie and Chris for their kind invitation and providing a tent, tables, chairs, and props for me. It was awesome!


The Seattle Space Needle--yep, we did the tourist thing too!
The rest of the week I junked as fast as I could load stuff up! I hit Amy and Kris' Fieldfest, M & M Antiques 
So many beautiful vignettes at M & M Antiques.
One of my favorites--Debi Bock's Vintage Lillie at M & M Antiques.


Sweet chair (and wonderful booth) by M Rose Vintage Goods at M& M.
in Monroe, WA, and Snohomish, WA--Faded 
Faded Elegance has lovely timeless items.

Debi Bock's Vintage Lilli at Faded Elegance.
Elegance and Annie's on First.
A fabulous French piece in Debi Bock's
Vintage Lilli booth at Faded Elegance.

There was even time to meet up with my critique partner, Author Susan Schreyer--Susan just released Shooting to Kill, the fifth book in her Thea Campbell Mystery Series. (Yes, I read a Beta copy and can tell you it's a fast-paced, page turner!--hurry over to Amazon and get a copy!)
Luckily, I was able to make one last stop at Common Folk's new store in Kirkland. This fun boutique recently moved from Bellevue. Owner Kathryn and manager, Kathryn, have done an incredible job of creating a fun place to shop. It's full of all kinds of goodies. You'll especially want to check out the 50,000 pennies they "tiled" the front entry way with! (Wished I had taken a picture...)

As our time in WA came to a close, the reality of getting all my treasures back to Texas hit me. YIKES!!



Three full suitcases and $60 a few days later, we arrived back to Austin. Sweet girl was rolling her eyes at me a lot as she pulled her tiny pink polka dot suitcase and one of my mega-junk filled suitcases. At the end of the day, of course, I'm ready to go again...but maybe I'll take a truck and trailer. 
Until next time, sweet friends,
Peace, Love, and All 
the Good Stuff, y'all!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like the perfect vacation to me. Thanks for including a couple pics of my space in your post. Sorry I missed seeing you. So glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely vacation! I always love seeing/shopping in your booth spaces--I'm sorry I missed your space at Stars...don't know how that happened. I'm also sorry I missed catching up with you. Hope you're having a wonderful summer, sweet friend.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You really made the rounds while here. I am sorry I missed seeing you at Cottage Vintage Home. Glad you enjoyed your trip and got your treasures home!!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did make the rounds! LOL. It was a busy schedule, but fantastic fun. I'm so sorry I missed seeing you too--but totally understand. I hope to catch up with ya one of these days. Getting the treasures home was challenging but I got most of them...hubby is still mailing the large vintage toy dump truck! Peace, love, and all the good stuff to ya.

      Delete
  3. Lisa, you make me want to plan a trip to Washington and Oregon to junk! I loved the tour and it looks like you did pretty good with what you could cram into suitcases!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Yes--you should make it up that other coast one of these days. I did alright, but hubby's still mailing all the metal stuff we couldn't get in the suitcase! LOL...ah, the trails of the junker. :)
      Peace, love, and all the good stuff to ya.

      Delete
  4. Love that Camas antiques window! One of my favorite designers- Theresa of Fresh Picked! I'd spot her style anywhere. Looks like such a fun road trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy, Niccole--Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Yes, of course--it is Theresa of Fresh Picked! I'm just sorry I missed meeting her in person. I think she's taking a booth there at Camas--I hope to get back that way soon for more great shopping. She has such lovely style!
      Peace, love, and all the good stuff to ya.

      Delete