Tuesday, June 19, 2012

RX For A JUNKIN' HISSY-FIT

Hey, Y'all! As many of you know we have our house on the market. It's a gorgeous, 4-2.75-3 "tree house" on half an acre located in the lovely Cascade foothills of Western Washington. Now here comes the shocking truth--turns out NOT EVERYONE is into the same Victorian-shabby-romantic-farmhouse-TX-French style that I love!! What a reality check! So to make our home more palatable to potential buyers, we had it professionally "staged." It looks beautiful, but it's just not the way I like to style it! What's a frustrated junker to do? Hit the road, of course!

So the when the "nicest man in the world"

(dubbed so by the one and only Pam of One Gal's Trash) --a.k.a. my Sweet Hubby could tell I was about to have a JUNKERS' hissy-fit --a TOTAL FLORAL EXPLOSION and unpack all my carefully stacked totes of vintage bark cloth, old ironstone, antique lace, vintage wicker, and rusty parts, he suggested we hit the road and see what Amy McCoy & Kris Williamson were up to.

It was just what a Junkin' therapist would prescribe! (Sweet Hubby knows me so well.)


Y'all what we found was Kris and Amy's new shop, Today's Country FARM & Frills located at 880 Main Street, Buckley, WA. Many of you may recognize the old 1920s gas station turned awesome, cute VINTAGE shop as the same location where Deb of Garden Party had her shop, Keepsakes Cottage Home and Garden nine years ago.


It is a fantastic location to showcase Today's Country FARM & Frills fresh, romantic farmhouse style and wonderful treasures.










Amy and Kris are celebrating their new shop with a GRAND OPENING, FRIDAY, JUNE 29th from 5-8 p.m.  Their regular store hours are: Wed-Sat 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sun 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.

If you're a frustrated JUNKER or just want to get inspired and SHOP, stop by and tell them I sent ya!

And by the way, this is my small contribution to our staged house (I couldn't help it!) :)




PEACE, LOVE, AND ALL THE GOOD STUFF, Y'ALL!

2 comments:

  1. Love reading and thanks for letting me know the solution to a "hissy fit". So I will keep cash stashed away, car full of gas and map in the console so I will be ready to escape at a moment's notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Elaine--Thanks for stoppin' by! :) YES--my momma taught me this important survival tip a long time ago. JUNKIN' always tames an on-comin' hissy-fit. LOL. Peace, love, and keep on junkin', sweet friend!

      Delete